AOC Grant Program Overview
The AOC Grant Program has funding available (up to $50,000) to Nevada trial courts for projects improving the ability to provide accurate and timely mandatory USJR statistical information to the Nevada Supreme Court or to fund projects addressing court requirements in the areas of technology, security, and court interpreters.
Uniform System for Judicial Records
Grant funding may be requested for projects aligned with the purpose of USJR reporting. USJR is defined as: A system by which statistics and other data regarding the operation of the State Court System are collected, compiled, and transmitted to the Supreme Court. Allocation of assessment fees distributed to the AOC through the USJR Grant for the “development of a uniform system for judicial records” are listed in priority and include:
- Statewide Statistical Systems and Automation Effort;
- Court Automation System;
- Improvement of Data and Information Collection; and
Unless the grant request is specifically for the purpose of becoming compliant with the reporting requirements of USJR, the requester must be current with USJR reporting to the Research and Statistics Unit of the AOC to qualify.
Trial Court Improvement
Grant funding may be requested to fund projects addressing court order, statutory, or procedural requirements in the areas of technology, security, and court interpreters for Nevada trial courts.
|Grant Request Amount
|Cash Match Requirement
|$0 to $5,000
|$5,001 to $50,000
Timeline for FY24 AOC Grants (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024):
|Courts submit grant funding request
|Coordination of Grant Review Board based on types of requests submitted
|Grant Review Board reviews and recommends requests
|Recommendations forwarded to Executive Committee
|Grants reviewed by the Executive Committee and award notifications distributed
|Grant agreements completed and funding provided to courts
|Grant projects completed; final reports, narratives, and receipts submitted to AOC in accordance with Grant Agreement terms
Steps to Submit:
- Download and carefully read the AOC Grant Program Policies and Guidelines
- Download and review the AOC Grant Tips & Tricks and/or view the AOC Distance Education Program's webinar, Show Me the Money: Grant Writing Tips and Tricks
- Complete required documents (Refer to pages 5-7 of the AOC Grant Program Policies and Guidelines for additional details).
- AOC Grant Program Application Cover Sheet
- Letter of request (letter should include the items below).
- Title and description of project
- Name and address of court
- Name and contact information for primary point of contact
- The estimated time schedule of proposed project
- The grant for which the request is being made (USJR or TCI)
- Authorizing signature (Chief Judge, Court Administrator, or judges)
- Project narrative (narrative should include the items below).
- Why is the project needed and how it will benefit the requesting court?
- Existing situation/problem and existing resources to address the problem
- Proposed changes and objectives
- Tasks and methods
- Will other courts benefit from the project?
- Other alternatives considered
- How does the project comply with the grant purposes?
- How will the effects and quality of the project be determined?
- What obstacles must be overcome for successful implementation of the project?
- What risks are associated with the project?
- AOC Grant Program Application Budget Worksheet
- Budget narrative
- Project schedule (should outline the following items)
- Phases and timeline
- Roles and responsibilities
- Measurements and major deliverables
- Completed AOC Grant Program Grant Assurances Form
- Mail application to:
AOC Grant Program Administrator
Administrative Office of the Courts
201 S. Carson Street, Suite 250
Carson City, NV 89701
Please contact the AOC Grant Program Administrator if you have questions or require additional information.
AOC Grant Program Administrator