Accounting Unit & Travel
The Accounting Unit is part of the Administrative Office of the Courts. The primary responsibility of the unit is to assist the Nevada Supreme Court and its subsidiary divisions in planning, preparing and implementing a budget that is consistent with the goals of the Nevada Supreme Court and to provide for a complete accounting of its resources and expenditures.
Effective immediately, the use of an S-signature is an allowable signature for all travel related documents to avoid printing before submitting. (i.e. /s/ Name) typed in the field provided.
For any accounting or travel related questions or you encounter a problem with any of the forms, email: AOCaccounting@nvcourts.nv.gov
Travel Related Documents
Preauthorization forms for travel (to be submitted before travel occurs):
- Preauthorization for Travel - Judges request form - Please submit as PDF to maintain the integrity of the form for use by the AOC
- Preauthorization for Travel - Non Employees (for all other travelers outside the appellate court, NOT including Judges) - Please submit as PDF to maintain the integrity of the form for use by the AOC
Travel Claim reimbursement form (to be submitted after travel occurs):
*To ensure the PDF form can be filled out and signed electronically or questions about an S-Signature: Travel Claim Tips & Tricks
Effective with the July 2023 travel claims, the AOC is processing all payments directly to the traveler. An AOC accounting team member will reach out to you if information is needed to ensure an electronic payment can be sent for your travel claim.
When your travel claim is processed and the electronic payment is sent, you will receive an email notification with your remittance advice. Registration with the State of Nevada is no longer required.
You also have the option of submitting a PDF or Excel version of the travel claim form, and an S-Signature is now considered an allowable form of signing any travel related documents so documents no longer need to be printed and signed if the electronic signature does not work.
- Travel Claim Form Effective July, 2023 (PDF) - use for all travel that occurs 7/1/23 or after, electronic or s-signature available to use for signing
- Travel Claim Form Effective July, 2023 (Excel) - use for all travel that occurs 7/1/23 or after, s-signature required
- Travel Claim Instructions (download for additional assistance on how to fill out the travel claim form)
Other Travel Related Documents and Information:
|ACCOUNTING UNIT STAFF - PLEASE USE GROUP EMAIL BOX FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS OR WHEN SUBMITTING TRAVEL FORMS|
|Casandra Vanzura||Elaine Miller||Yesenia Pacheco||Todd Myler|
|Chief Accountant||Accounting Assistant III||Contracts & Grants Officer||CFO|
|(775) 684-1708||(775) 684-1718||(775) 684-1706||(775) 684-1716|