5 Attorneys Apply to Fill Vacancy in the First Judicial District
Chief Justice Lidia Stiglich announced this afternoon the Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection received 5 applications from individuals who wish to fill the judicial opening in Department 2 of the First Judicial District Court.
This Commission will nominate a panel of three to fill the vacancy. Department 2 is vacant through the resignation of the Honorable James Wilson in early January of next year.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Elko County Courthouse was completed in 1911 at a cost of $150,000. Designed in a Neoclassical style, an image of Lady Justice's face graces the space above the entrance.
This courthouse in Winnemucca was completed in 1921. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 19, 1983. The building was designed in Classical Revival style by architect Fredrick J. De Longchamps, Nevada's most notable historical architect
The Esmeralda County Courthouse is located in Goldfield and houses the county government. The courthouse has been in continuous use by the county since the building opened in 1908.
Built in 1876, the Belmont Courthouse was the seat of Nye County government until 1905 when the county seat was moved to Tonopah and the courthouse shut down.
Built in 1876, this courthouse serves as the governmental and legal center of Eureka County in the Pony Express Territory of North Central Nevada.
Another Nevada Courthouse designed by Frederick DeLongchamps. Located in Yerrington, the courthouse was completed in 1912. The brick structure features a Beaux-Arts design mixed with Neoclassical elements.