Courthouse Lactation Room Installation Grant Program Overview
Please Note: This grant program has concluded.
Pursuant to AB196, as passed during the 2021 Legislative Session, the Courthouse Lactation Room Installation Grant Program is open to Nevada trial courts seeking funds to comply with the requirements of AB196. Applicant courts may request up to $7,500 in grant funding for the purposes of installing a lactation room that members of the public may use to express breast milk.
In order to comply with the requirements of AB196, lactation rooms must be a hygienic place, other than a bathroom, that:
- is shielded from the view of others;
- is free from intrusion by others; and
- a chair;
- a working surface; and
- an electrical outlet.
Courts claiming an exception to the requirements of AB196 should complete the AB196 Courthouse Lactation Room Installation Grant Exception Form and submit it to the AOC at the email or mailing address provided below.
Per the requirements of AB196, courts seeking grant funding will be required to commit matching funds to the completion of the grant project. The Administrative Office of the Courts will not allocate or award grant funds without proof that matching money in an equivalent amount to that being requested has been committed by the applicant court.
Grant match funds may be contributed from sources including, without limitation, gifts, grants, and donations to the court from private and public sources of money.
STEPS TO SUBMIT (Submission Period: October 1, 2022 - October 31, 2022)
- Download and carefully read the AB196 Courthouse Lactation Room Installation Grant Program Policies and Guidelines.
- Complete required documents (Refer to pages 3-5 of the AB196 Courthouse Lactation Room Installation Grant Program Policies and Guidelines for additional details).
- AB196 Courthouse Lactation Room Installation Grant Application Form
- Letter of Request (letter should include the items below).
- Title and description of project
- Name and address of court
- Name and contact information for primary point of contact
- The estimated time schedule of proposed project
- Authorizing signature (Chief Judge, Court Administrator, or judges)
- Proof of resources to meet applicant match requirements outline in Sec. 1.5(2) of AB196
- Project Timeline and Responsibilities Narrative (narrative should include the items below).
- Project timelines and management plan
- Project roles and responsibilities outline
- AB196 Courthouse Lactation Room Installation Grant Budget Worksheet
- AB196 Courthouse Lactation Room Installation Grant Assurances Form
- Mail application to:
AOC Grant Program Administrator
Administrative Office of the Courts
201 S. Carson Street, Suite 250
Carson City, NV 89701
Or submit via email at: email@example.com