Animal Kindness and Welfare Awareness Week
5/2/2019 4:04:43 PM
Marchelle Hedrick, a Program Officer in the Nevada Supreme Court Clerk's Office, spearheaded an effort to obtain a proclamation from Governor Steve Sisolak to set aside a special week in Nevada for animal awareness. The Governor designated May 5-11, 2019, as Animal Kindness and Welfare Awareness Week.
Marchelle Hedrick Seeks Support for Animal Kindess
During this special week, Nevada residents are asked to focus on the following actions:
- Be kind to all animals;
- Adopt, don’t shop;
- Be a responsible pet owner;
- Get educated on all aspects of animal welfare;
- Stop abuse & neglect (See Something, Say Something);
- Support local animal shelters by providing supplies, volunteer time to help; and
- Become an advocate. Have a voice for those that do not have one!
In seeking the proclamation, Ms. Hedrick hopes Nevadans think about ways of celebrating animal kindness. She said the proclamation is a step forward for the welfare of animals in our community and Nevada. Her goal is to educate and bring awareness to the well-being of our companions, and to show respect, affection and appreciation for their lives.