Become a Court Interpreter
Current basic requirements for Court Interpreter Certification/Registration include:
- Complete the Orientation Workshop for Interpreters in the NV Courts System.
- Pass the NV Certified Court Interpreter Written Test with a minimum score of 80%.
- Pass the NV Certified Court Interpreter Oral Examination with a minimum score of 70%.
- Provide verification of 40 hours of Nevada courtroom observation or work.
- Submit the Court Interpreter Certification Request Forms.
- Submit 2 fingerprint cards.
- Pay Administration fee of $50.00.
- Submit a passport size photograph.
Current basic requirements for Reciprocity Certification/Registration include:
Please mail completed forms to:
Court Interpreter Program
Attn: Accounting Unit
201 S. Carson St. Suite: 250
Carson City, NV 89701
*Please refer to the State Court Administrator Guidelines for additional information.
Self Study Resources:
Need more information?
Court Interpreter Program Coordinator