26 Lawyers Apply for Open Judicial Seats in the Clark County Courts
2/8/2019 5:23:47 PM
The Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection today announced 26 individuals have applied to fill three judgeships in the Eighth Judicial District Court. The applicants in alphabetical order are:
- Karl Wesley Armstrong, 61, Attorney, Department of Administration, Hearings Division
- Trevor Lee Atkin, 56, Attorney, Atkin Winner & Sherrod
- Stephanie A. Barker, 56, Boulder City, State Bar of Nevada, Retired
- Jacqueline Bluth, 37, Las Vegas, Clark County District Attorney’s Office
- Adam Ganz, 47, Attorney, Ganz & Hauf, Chtd.
- Jeannie N. Hua, 51, Attorney, Law Office of Jeannie N. Hua, Inc.
- Akke Levin, 54, Las Vegas, Morris Law Group
- Daren B. Richards, 53, Las Vegas, Office of the Clark County Public Defender
- Marni Watkins, 42, Attorney, Fidelity National Law Group
- Mark B. Bailus, 66, Attorney and Former Judge
- Mark. L. Gentile, 59, Las Vegas, Gentile Law Group
- John Hunt, 64, Las Vegas, Clark Hill PLLC
- Richard Scow, 41, Las Vegas, Clark County District Attorney’s Office
- Cristina Silva, 39, Las Vegas, United States Attorney’s Office for District of Nevada
- Kevin Charles Speed, 44, Attorney, Office of the Clark County Public Defender
- Soonhee Bailey, 48, Las Vegas, Eighth Judicial District Family Court
- Audrey J. Beeson, 42, Las Vegas, Law Offices of Frank J. Toti Esquire/Audrey Beeson, Esq. PLLC
- Yvette Chevalier, 56, Las Vegas, Law Offices of Yvette Chevalier PLLC
- Rhonda Kay Forsberg, 56, Henderson, Rhonda K. Forsberg, Chartered
- Lynn N. Hughes, 49, Las Vegas, Roberts Stoffel Family Law Group
- J. Scott MacDonald, 61, Las Vegas, MacDonald Wilde, LLC
- Amy M. Mastin, 49, Las Vegas, Eighth Judicial District Family Court
- Romeo R. Perez, 51, Las Vegas, The Law Office of Romeo R. Perez. PC
- Mary D. Perry, 55, Las Vegas, Law Office of Mary D. Perry, LLC
- Margaret E. Pickard, 53, Henderson, Eighth Judicial District Family Court
- Shann Dee Winesett, 52, Las Vegas, Pecos Law Group
To be eligible, applicants had to be Nevada attorneys with 10 years of legal experience, two of those in Nevada. The applications have been posted on the Supreme Court website at http://nvcourts.link/NVJudicialSelection.
Interviews to fill the vacant position are scheduled for the week of March 11 at the Nevada Supreme Court Building in Las Vegas, and will be open to the public. In addition, the Commission will conduct background of the applicants.
The openings are the result of the retirements of the Honorable Jennifer P. Togliatti and the Honorable Cynthia Dianne Steel, and the election of the Honorable Elissa F. Cadish to the Nevada Supreme Court.